Have a Clogged Garbage Disposal?
If your kitchen sink is clogged or draining slowly, your garbage disposal could be the problem! We’ve seen all the different ways a garbage disposal can break down, from metal objects falling into the garbage disposal and puncturing the exterior wall to fibrous materials wrapping around the impeller blades causing it to seize.
Whether you need to replace a broken garbage disposal or you’d like to install a new garbage disposal, Cottrell & Co., Inc. Plumbing, Heating and Air is your best choice! Our Master Plumbers are experts at Garbage Disposal repair, replacement and installation! Call us to see why thousands of people all over the Midlands trust us with their Garbage Disposal needs!
Before You Call…
If your garbage disposal is clogged, there may be an easy fix! Some of the better model garbage disposal units are equipped with an overload protector that senses when the unit is being overwhelmed, there may be an easy fix that you can do yourself! Just follow the steps below:
- Make sure the unit is turned OFF. Safety is always first.
- Locate the slot on the bottom of the unit where an allen wrench can be inserted. It is located on the bottom, in the center of the unit.
- Once inserted, you can manually push or pull the allen wrench in either direction to free the blades.
- When the blades are freed and can spin freely, press the reset button located on the bottom of the unit.
If your garbage disposal unit still will not turn on or you don’t see a slot to insert the allen wrench, it may need to be replaced. Call Cottrell & Co., Inc. Plumbing, Heating and Air and we will inspect the unit to see what your options are. Call us today for any of your garbage disposal unit needs!
Smelly Garbage Disposal Unit?
Garbage disposals operate by using impeller blades that pull food waste into grinder plates located on the walls of the garbage disposal unit. These plates can get clogged with old food and debris that can produce a pretty nasty smell. These are few ways to clean your garbage disposal and get rid of that annoying smell!
- Grind up citrus peels. Oranges or Lemons work best for this and give it a nice clean smell!
- Grind up ice cubes. Don’t run water while dropping ice cubes into the garbage disposal unit. The ice will attach to food waste and help it pass through the grinder plates. Run cold water afterwards.
- Warm water and a squirt of dish detergent can sometimes help with bad smells. This is the least likely of the three to work.
For First Time Customers!
*Cannot be used with tune-ups.
*For first time customers only.
*Cannot be used with any other offer.
*Cannot be used for emergency services.
*Must mention offer before service visit.
We install, repair and replace all of the following:
- Garbage disposals
- Water Heaters (All types)
- Water and sewer lines
- Hose bibs
- Backflow devices
- Gas lines
- Recirculating lines
- Pressure Reducing Valves (PRVs)
- Manifold systems
- Body sprays and other intricate shower set-ups
- Kohler DTV and DTV+ systems (Including digital controls, music, lights, steam, Chroma therapy, rain panels, etc.)
GARBAGE DISPOSAL EXPERTS IN COLUMBIA
When You Need A Pro, Call Cottrell & Co.!
- We only employ the best! Making sure the job is done right, the first time, is one of the most important things we do!
- No extra charges for emergency after hours visits! No one can control when a plumbing, heating or cooling emergency pops up. Why pay extra because of an emergency?
- Some of the longest warranties in the industry. Our superior service coupled with only using the best parts available allows us to offer warranties that are unrivaled!
- We always tell you the price upfront before any work begins. Once we have quoted you a price, that is the price.
- We leave your home better than we found it! Our technicians will always respect your home and property as if it were their own!
- Satisfaction guaranteed! We make sure the you are 100% satisfied with our service and if you’re not, let us know! We will do everything in our power to make it right!