LEXINGTON EMERGENCY PLUMBING
24 hour Emergency Plumbing in Lexington
Our phones are on 365 days a year and we offer 24 hour Emergency Plumbing Service at NO additional charge! If you ever need emergency plumbing in Lexington or the surrounding areas, you can always call us at 803-256-9570, no matter the time of day.
Cottrell & Co., Inc. Plumbing, Heating and Air is here to take care of all your emergency plumbing needs! Our emergency plumbing services include overflowing toilets, sewer line stoppages, emergency gas line problems, kitchen or bathroom clogged drains, broken or leaking water heaters, burst washing machine or dish washer hoses, and more! No one can plan when an emergency plumbing problem will pop up, which is why at Cottrell & Co., Inc., we don’t charge extra for emergency services.
No matter the emergency plumbing service needed, Cottrell & Co., Inc. Plumbing, Heating and Air is your go to emergency plumbing company!
Emergency Water Heater Shut Off Procedure
In the event of a water heater leak or malfunction, every homeowner should know how to turn off their water heater and drain it to prevent further damage. All water heaters installed by Cottrell & Co., Inc. Plumbing comes with a label that explains what to do in case of an emergency. Follow these steps if you ever need to shut your water heater off in case of an emergency:
- Turn off the Gas or Electricity to the unit.
For Gas: Turn the dial on top of the thermostat to the off position.
For Electric: Switch the power to the water heater off from your circuit breaker.
- Turn off the water supply to the water heater.
Turn the handle on the ball valve above the water heater clockwise until it stops.
- Drain the water heater to avoid further water damage.
Attach a garden hose to the faucet connection located at the bottom of the water heater. Run the other end of the hose to a lower area where hot, rusty water won’t mess anything up.
- Lift the handle up on the relief valve.
Lift the relief valve up until it’s pointing straight up to allow air to enter the water heater.
CAUTION: The water that comes out will be extremely hot!
- The water heater may still be under warranty.
Contact Cottrell & Co., Inc. Plumbing before performing any repairs or maintenance on the water heater. Repairs or maintenance performed by anyone other than a Master Plumber from Cottrell & Co., Inc. could void the warranty offered by Cottrell & Co., Inc.
For First Time Customers!
*Cannot be used with tune-ups.
*For first time customers only.
*Cannot be used with any other offer.
*Cannot be used for emergency services.
*Must mention offer before service visit.
Shutting Off The Main Water Supply
Another important thing to know as a homeowner, is how to turn off the main water supply to your home. In the event of a pipe bursting or other plumbing emergency, it’s important to know how to stop the water from flowing to prevent further damage! It’s best to find this valve now, when there isn’t an emergency, than to wait until you need it. There are normally two different places to shut off the main water supply, but we only recommend using the valve in your meter box. Most of the time, the other valve located in your home has been sitting for so long that turning it will be extremely difficult, and applying too much force could cause it to break.
Shutting your water supply off from the meter box is very easy! You can purchase a meter key from your local supply shop (I.E. Lowes or Home Depot) but usually, a pair of pliers will work fine.
- Locate your meter box. It’s usually located in your front yard somewhere between the road and your home.
- Look for a small nozzle. (Noted on Image)
- Turn the nozzle clockwise. (Note: This nozzle should ALWAYS either be completely open or completely closed. Don’t try to regulate water flow on your own with this nozzle.)
- That’s it! Now, there will be NO water flow to your property. This includes your outside water fixtures and sprinkler system.
We install, repair and replace all of the following:
- Garbage disposals
- Water Heaters (All types)
- Water and sewer lines
- Hose bibs
- Backflow devices
- Gas lines
- Recirculating lines
- Pressure Reducing Valves (PRVs)
- Manifold systems
- Body sprays and other intricate shower set-ups
- Kohler DTV and DTV+ systems (Including digital controls, music, lights, steam, Chroma therapy, rain panels, etc.)
24 HOUR EMERGENCY PLUMBING IN LEXINGTON
When You Need A Pro, Call Cottrell & Co.!
- We only employ the best! Making sure the job is done right, the first time, is one of the most important things we do!
- No extra charges for emergency after hours visits! No one can control when a plumbing, heating or cooling emergency pops up. Why pay extra because of an emergency?
- Some of the longest warranties in the industry. Our superior service coupled with only using the best parts available allows us to offer warranties that are unrivaled!
- We always tell you the price upfront before any work begins. Once we have quoted you a price, that is the price.
- We leave your home better than we found it! Our technicians will always respect your home and property as if it were their own!
- Satisfaction guaranteed! We make sure the you are 100% satisfied with our service and if you’re not, let us know! We will do everything in our power to make it right!